What is microneedling?
Microneedling or collagen-induction therapy is a nonsurgical treatment that pricks your skin with tiny needles to improve its appearance.
Procedure can help smooth lines and wrinkles, even skin tone, including melasma, refine enlarged pores, tighten skin, and fade scars and stretch marks.
Microneedling provides both short- and long-term benefits. The skin will be softer, smoother, and more radiant right away.
As an added benefit, special topicals can be used to help boost your skin’s hydration and provide other beneficial nutrients as the micro-tunnels created by the tiny needles allow products to reach the deeper layers of the skin.
Once the skin is numbed, the treatment is quick, about 15 minutes
• The treatment can be customized to treat localized problem areas, such as scars, dark undereye circles, crow’s feet, and neck or chest lines.
• The recovery is short—usually just a few days, though redness and other side effects can linger a bit longer.
• Microneedling doesn’t involve the delivery of heat, so it’s safe to use on all skin tones without the risk of pigmentation.
• Though it’s mostly used on the face, neck, chest, and hands, microneedling can be used all over the body.
• Skin will be sensitive to the sun post-treatment, and direct UV exposure should be avoided.
• It’s not recommended for anyone with active skin conditions, like eczema or rosacea or have often cold sores. Trauma to the skin can trigger cold sores.
How many treatments are needed to see results?
This also varies per patient, but the minimum recommended to see results is 3 with an average of 3-6 treatments needed for optimal correction.
In clinical trials there was a 25% increase in dermal thickness 5 months post micro-needling. So you will continue to see changes even months after your last session with remodeling of skin being seen for up to 1-year.
Microneedling price and duration: 60 min - $250. You can buy a package of 3 sessions for $600 ($200 per session)
The micronedling facial treatment may be covered under Life Style Expenses by your health insurance provider. Please check with your insurance provider for details
To make an appointment call: 416.928.0819